Sunday, March 23, 2014

Deep Thoughts: Can You Tell the Difference?

Above is a photo of my beloved best toy-pal Bubba Bob, of all my many toys the best of all possible toys, alongside Sponge Bob, formerly the best of all possible toy pals.  Devoted readers of my ramblings may recall the many adventures Sponge Bob and I had together in my earliest youth. (Hint: Bubba is on the right).

Alas, one morning, I woke up and realized, blah, Sponge Bob, blah, blah, blah, not so much beloved, not so much an instant comfort.  What can I say but he was replaced by another of nearly identical appearance, taste, and smell, the ubiquitous Bubba Bob?

The point of all this, dear reader, is that last night, in the course of an extended playtime, I rediscovered Sponge Bob at the bottom of the Well of Toys.  "He" and I had a marvelous game of fetch with the old boy save for a single mischance.  In the excitement of the game, "he" referred to Sponge Bob as Bubba Bob, as in "Bring me the one they call Bubba Bob."

Well, I was aghast, nonplussed, stunned.  I stood there in amazement.  How could anyone make such an egregious error?  I must have looked completely dumbfounded from his reaction.  Of course, he quickly recognized his mistake and the game continued with satisfactory results.

On sober reflection this morning, between naps, I began to wonder, though.  The difference is so obvious to me.  To "him,"however - indeed to anyone else - they look the same.  The point is that I know the difference, isn't it?  And there is a big difference, isn't there?

I had to go out and bring Bubba back to bed.  He is still so cool.  Can there ever be another like him?


No comments:

The "Fat Man"

The "Fat Man"
We find him strangely intriguing but they won't let us at him. I think they just want to torment us. Life sucks. One of these days me and Bob are going to get him.

This is the sink we hid under last week.

This is the sink we hid under last week.
Me and old Bob came thisclose to being wiped out by a tornado headed STRAGHT to Lakeview! That was a close one!