Monday, August 25, 2014

An Amazing Discovery


Tonight I was just settling down for a nap when "she" met with a slight accident.  She bumped her toe on a great trunk that sits next to our bed.  After much cursing and questioning what on Earth was in there and so on, the trunk was opened.  Lo and behold, who should pop out but Polly Parrot, an old friend of my youth (pictured above).

My first thought was that we had discovered yet another entrance to the Well of Toys.  However, I was assured that no such place existed and that I should never mention that place again.  The trunk does appear to be some sort of Treasure Chest that has been hidden from me most unfairly for some time.  It bears further investigation and will receive such at my leisure.

Back to the case at hand, though, what a delightful creature old Polly is.  She has a long raggedy neck suitable for chewing and when you chomp on her she emits the most annoying cacophony of shrieks and whistles and whatnot.

How fickle I was in my youth to abandon her after fifteen minutes of play.  I shall devote the rest of the evening to this entertainment no matter how often they tell me to shut up.

No comments:

The "Fat Man"

The "Fat Man"
We find him strangely intriguing but they won't let us at him. I think they just want to torment us. Life sucks. One of these days me and Bob are going to get him.

This is the sink we hid under last week.

This is the sink we hid under last week.
Me and old Bob came thisclose to being wiped out by a tornado headed STRAGHT to Lakeview! That was a close one!