Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Gnarly Night


OK. I've had it! I'VE HAD IT!!!

How would you like to meet up with this thing in the middle of a night-time nap? Not so much, eh?

"He" started it all, bringing in some plants from the deck, or so he said. Well, it's a jungle out there, Mojumbo, in case you don't know. So what he calls a "fly" came in as well. A FLY? I don't think so. I've seen flies before. I've hunted flies before. Successfully. (See some postings of mine from last autumn).

But believe me, this was more like an airplane. And the noise, the BUZZING, that damned infernal BUZZING. Even now I can't get it out of my head.

I did my best. "He" swatted it and said he killed it. "She" said no it was just stunned, put it outside. Duh! He scooped it up and brought it towards the door, when it was reanimated. Like some kind of zombie fly straight out of the telepod. And then more of them came in.

It's over now. After a terrific hunt - and I don't mind telling you I was scared and I still haven't fully recovered my wits - they have been conquered, mostly thanks to "him."

I AM A DESIGNER DOG, GET ME OUTTA HERE!!! I cannot live like this. Can a designer dog find happiness on Lake Shore Drive. I don't think so.

No comments:

The "Fat Man"

The "Fat Man"
We find him strangely intriguing but they won't let us at him. I think they just want to torment us. Life sucks. One of these days me and Bob are going to get him.

This is the sink we hid under last week.

This is the sink we hid under last week.
Me and old Bob came thisclose to being wiped out by a tornado headed STRAGHT to Lakeview! That was a close one!