Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lost in the Snow

No, I personally have not been lost in the snow, although I have been walking in the snow and the ice and the cold lately and despite it being initially new and fun, it is cold and your feet freeze up and it is pretty yucky. And I will not wear those stupid "booties" on my feet which are really just balloons.

The title of this post refers instead to a nifty little story that "he" finally read to me. It is all about a little puppy who goes out in the snow and gets lost and has to seek the advice of owls and is persecuted by nasty little foxes but finally gets rescued by his mom. A touching story. It reminds me of a similar experience I had when I was very little and I was abandoned in a field in Indiana, alone on the cold, snowy ground, but kindly rescued by "them."

But enough of these maudlin anecdotes. She filmed the whole thing. I must apologize for my behavior during the reading. I was distracted by the little toy dog bookmark which "he" would not even let me sniff because I could choke to death on it like Okra did or something like that. What a load of baloney. I want that bookmark, and I will have it.


No comments:

The "Fat Man"

The "Fat Man"
We find him strangely intriguing but they won't let us at him. I think they just want to torment us. Life sucks. One of these days me and Bob are going to get him.

This is the sink we hid under last week.

This is the sink we hid under last week.
Me and old Bob came thisclose to being wiped out by a tornado headed STRAGHT to Lakeview! That was a close one!