Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Nest


Just my luck. I go away for a week or so on "vacation" and these little birdies who have been under my protection for longer than I can remember hatch out and move away.

Drats! I began watching this bird house two years ago. No action. No tenants. No nothing. Then I see and hear these little noisy chirpers flying all around the deck at all hours and what do I know, I just thought they were excited about eating bugs or something or whatever it is they do for fun. So I go away for a week and the night I come back there are a bunch of them hanging out tweeting and twittering and bouncing around and I think what the hell is going on I'm trying to take a nap and then, lo and behold, gone without a trace.

Am I unlucky or what? Poor me. Where are my little feathered friends? Come back, little birdies. I will look out for you. I promise.

No comments:

The "Fat Man"

The "Fat Man"
We find him strangely intriguing but they won't let us at him. I think they just want to torment us. Life sucks. One of these days me and Bob are going to get him.

This is the sink we hid under last week.

This is the sink we hid under last week.
Me and old Bob came thisclose to being wiped out by a tornado headed STRAGHT to Lakeview! That was a close one!