Friday, July 1, 2011

Whew!


You know how in all those old Republic serials, the hero is trapped in a seemingly hopeless situation and then when the next episode begins, he just pops up free and clear and you never know how he got out and all. Like when Flash Gordon is trapped in a bread slicer (depicted in the side panel) and then suddenly he flies away with the Hawk Men (not depicted anywhere on this blog).

Well, I am not going to resort to any such obvious subterfuge in these pages. Suffice it to say that the creature who had attached to my person was a worm (already depicted in a previous entry). He was in fact the inhabitant and sole proprietor of the wormhole that had brought me to this sorry pass. I whirled and spun with all my might and jumped with all the furry power of my wonderful and celebrated hindquarters and lo, I was free and falling through the vortex to land safely in the Cave of Dreams.

That was a close call. It turns out the little hut we were all in was a yurt and the local terminus of that very same wormhole. I yawned and stretched among the pillows and comforters in the Cave of Dreams. I heard a gentle tapping on the windowpane.

The source of that tapping must await another installment of my tale.

No comments:

The "Fat Man"

The "Fat Man"
We find him strangely intriguing but they won't let us at him. I think they just want to torment us. Life sucks. One of these days me and Bob are going to get him.

This is the sink we hid under last week.

This is the sink we hid under last week.
Me and old Bob came thisclose to being wiped out by a tornado headed STRAGHT to Lakeview! That was a close one!